Refurbished SS SB Apple Watch S2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by donster28, Apr 4, 2017.

1. donster28, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017

donster28 macrumors 68000

Just want to chime in (in case no one has done yet) about my experience with getting a refurbished Stanless Steel Apple Watch Series 2.

Apart from saving CDN$150 from buying one in a brand new box, I was surprised and sad to get:
    - An elongated box similar to the ones for the aluminum watches...no premium box with the soft felt inside.
    - A plastic magnetic charger!! I mean, what?!!
    - No wall adapter!! Now this is just ridiculous!!

The watch itself though is pristine and flawless, including the sport band that came with it. The magnetic charger, though a plastic one, came with a long wire, reminiscent of the ones packed-in with the original release.

All-in-all I'm good with what I got. And saving $150 including taxes is sweet. I just feel a little cheated getting 'aluminum' accesories with a stainless steel watch.

I wonder if they'll give me a wall charger if I ask nicely for one hehe...

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Not including the wall charger was intended on all Series 1 models to keep the costs the down. Usually most have an extra spare somewhere. At least you're happy with your Watch.

3. donster28, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017

donster28 thread starter macrumors 68000

I guess they're not including the adapter to offset the cost of refurbishment. Apple is milking a lot these days. I do remember getting everything the brand new ones had on the refurb iPads and Macs I purchased in the past. It's a totally different story now, at least with these refurb AW's.

And yes, the watch is mint...not a blemish on it anywhere.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple has certainly made changes to the packaging to the Sport model. Again, to likely off set the price point and make it more appealing.

But I agree, the iPhone 7 didn't include the plastic case for the earbuds as it has in the years past. It was cardboard this year.