Refurbished uMBP 2.4 or Refurbished uMBP 2.53?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Benchmob31, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Benchmob31 macrumors member

Benchmob31

So im trying to figure out which 15" MacBook Pro I should buy and thought I would get your guys thoughts on it.

Here is what I am looking for. I want a everyday computer, that will travel with me. I will not be doing anything graphic intensive or video editing. Its a computer that I hope to keep for a few years as my main computer. Here is my thoughts on the two.

The 2.4 is attractive because of the price - $1299

The 2.53 is nice because of the built in battery and being able to upgrade to 8 gigs instead of just 4 with the 2.4. The 2.53 is $1449. I just am unsure and would like some thoughts. Thanks alot everyone.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

The 2.53GHz only has the 9400M video card while the 2.4GHz has both the 9400M and 9600GT.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I'd go for the 2.53 - not for any extra performance or even the extra RAM (although I can see that being handy before too much longer in my own case), but simply because of the much longer battery life. I recently switched from a 2.4 17" MBP up to the latest unibody version and I would find it hard to go back to just 3 hours or so of battery life

4. Benchmob31 thread starter macrumors member

Benchmob31

I hear ya Tersono. The battery life is a huge thing for me. I really only need one graphics card. Im not a gamer and do not do any graphic or video processing. I do like the SD card in the 2.53 also. I take a few photos here and there but nothing special.

Anyone else have any opinions?

5. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

if you have the money go 2.53, if not you havent lost anything much with the 2.4 [​IMG]