Refurbished

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by killroyd, Oct 18, 2014.

1. killroyd macrumors newbie

When will apple start sending out refurbished iphones 6 ? I found a stuck pixel on my iphone 6 and now that i found it i always see it. If i send it back I want a new one and not a refurbished one. What will i get ?

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

simple search of the forums will answer your question, reported

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Apple will replace with a new unit in a white box. I had mine replaced due to stuck pixel (last Monday) and received a new unit. I checked it on chipmunk site and says it was made in Week 37 (Week before launch date).

The only problem is that the model number replacement units does start with N, and not M. But it's still new.

4. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

All replacements at this time are BRAND NEW... The model number might have an "N" instead of "M", but they are new at the moment... About 2 to 2 and half months after launch you'll start seeing refurbs

5. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Return the phone. Order a new one. Yes you will have to wait but it's the only way to make sure you won't get a refurbished. Alot of people have returned their phones so I think Apple starts refurbishing these. I don't believe in any argument regarding "it's too soon to have a refurbished". No one actually knows.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Only possible if OP had the phone within 14 days for the returns.

Whether the replacement units starts with N or not, it will be new at this time, I'm sure the factory had a separate line just for the replacement units. You just have to rely on the serial number and hope for the best you get the week 37 or prior.

7. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Yes I agree. No matter what the model number will start with an N, but at this just its about a 90% to 10% chance
    Of getting a new device instead of refurb. The devices just haven't been out long enough at the moment.