Refurbisher / used ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by longthizzz, Feb 4, 2015.

1. longthizzz, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015

longthizzz macrumors regular

Im debating whether to buy a Refurbisher/ used ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch $325.00
    + $45.65 shipping from amazon or a new one costing 419. is the saving of 48 worth it ? but my question is i never brought anything Refurbished , would the quality of a Refurbished model outlast a newwer out the box ?

I only plan to use the monitor to have a bigger screen to look at .

2. blueeggs macrumors member

blueeggs

I would buy a new monitor of that model. I bought two from Amazon. But hat to get a replacement for each of them. The first two both had stuck pixels. The replacements were both fine. I would buy it directly from Amazon so if you need a replacement they will send you one out right away and you won't have to wait until they receive the old one back. You may end up and get a good one the first time but if you read the reviews on Amazon most of the negative reviews are about dead or stuck pixels. The ones I have now I am very pleased with. Good luck.

3. longthizzz, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015

longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

yah , thats what i was worried about , plus the seller wasnt amazon based. I heard good Refurbished stories so i though i jumped on this one . I have been researching this monitor for awhile and 419 is a bit too high but I was in line at the apple store almost buying the atd , but thank god my card got decline ... awkward but saved me lots of moeny

4. blueeggs macrumors member

blueeggs

I have a Thunderbolt Display and I think the screen is very comparable the the tb display. For the price of one Thunderbolt Display you could buy two of the asus monitors. The thing I don't like about the Thunderbolt Display is that the height is not adjustable. I think 419 is a great price. I bought mine about two weeks ago from Amazon for 434 and I am happy with the price I paid. I have my two hooked up to a 2013 nmp.

5. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

its just like the thunderbolt display but cheaper lol .. only thing bad is no usb port :(

6. tpluth macrumors member

And no camera, no audio, you can't plug a TB peripheral into it, etc...

That said, I have two plus a 27" Cinema Display on my 12 core 2010 MP a TB display on my 27" iMac. They all work and look great.

I'd recommend buying new so you have the full warranty.