Refurbs at Apple Store ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodtouchy333, May 24, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hey, I was just wondering if the apple store ever has any refurbs or "open-box" items for discount. Thanks for your help!

2. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

They don't usually sell refurb or open-box items at a store, usually it is online. I bought my refurb iPhone about a month ago, i believe they stopped selling refurbs on their Online Apple Store, though from time to time you can find them, though they go very fast. I would suggest buying an AT&T refurb becuase usually they are unlocked and they are $100 cheaper than Apple refurbs. Though i can't say that AT&T's Refurb iPhones are better when you recieve them. AT&T online store is the best place you can find them.

3. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, thanks. Just making sure. I'm so mad I didn't buy an at&t refrub last week for $350. Right now I'm living without my ipod touch and cell phone (sold them both in preparation for iphone.) :(

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

don't worry i'm sure there will be more offers like that soon. when the new iPhones do come out those will be even less! so be patient :)

5. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Just to clarify the refurbs from ATT are NOT unlocked. They come in what appears to be an "activated" state. But once you plug it into your computer it asks for you to activate just like a brand new phone does.