Refurbs have Scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ipodlover77, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Hey guys, just curious on something. Got a warranty replacement yesterday at the apple store. Went home and saw that the back and chrome have some light scratching. Already put on my invisible shield so im not going to piss and moan about the scratches, just wanted to know if it was normal.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

My refurbished iPhone was in an 'as new' condition. No scratches whatsoever.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

A refurb gets a new case, screen, and battery (maybe other things, but that's all I can remember). Also, whatever was broke is fixed. However, some refurbs are just returns where nothing was wrong. So, if you had scratches, take it back (although you should've inspected it before leaving...I test everything and inspect everything when I get one).

4. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

well did i miss my chance to get it swapped again? i got it replaced two days. would they think i did it and just wanted to return it to get a new one?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Who knows. Might as well try. It'll depend on the Genius.

6. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

made a appointment tonight, hopefully i can get it replaced. damn, just wasted my invisible shield. the refurb i got had chips in the chrome though, that kinda sucked.