Refurbs!!! Need Opinions!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by han.mar.hug6, Dec 29, 2009.

1. han.mar.hug6 macrumors newbie

Hello. I am looking at buying a refurb on overstocks auction. the company selling it is bestbuy. i wanted to see if anyone reccomended refurbs or anyone doesnt. Thanks:)

2. Stephen Dowling macrumors regular

Stephen Dowling

Go for it!

I just bought a refurb 16GB iPod Touch 2G earlier this month! I can't tell the difference in this and a new one. My 13" MBP is also refurbished and it works great! Refurbs are the way to go! Good luck! :)

3. han.mar.hug6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thank you so much!!!!!! I am thinkin' I am gonna get it!

4. thatguysmells macrumors regular

Just buy a new one at Costco. They are cheaper new than refurbished! :D

5. Mr Graphic macrumors newbie

Good luck with refurb iPod Touch

Bought my first iPod Touch 8 gig a few months ago. Looked just like new. Apple rebuilds refurb units in shiny NEW cases - front and back - so no scratches, etc. However, after a few weeks I had problems with it and took it to a local Apple store. They got it working but had to take it back again. Looked like a software issue but couldn't be fixed in the store, so they gave me a brand NEW one at absolutely no charge. This new one has worked great! Good luck! :)

6. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Refurbs are basically new. Apple replaces all the faulty parts to make it perfect. Anything could've been wrong with the iPod they are refurbishing, from a broken screen to a dead battery to anything really. The only downside to buying a refurb is a 90-day warranty compared to the 1 year warranty you get with buying a new iPod Touch, and you cannot purchase Apple Care on a refurb. But get a refurb if that is one of your options, it's basically new.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

you're wrong. All refrubs iPods from Apple come with a 1 year warranty and you can get Apple care for it also. I just got my daughter a 16GB refurb Touch and got Apple Care also. Taken from Apple.com: http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/apple_certified.html (Read#3 about Apple Care on Refurbs)

Attached Files:

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Best Buy refurbs may not be the same as Apple Refurbs. I would check about their condition and the warranty status. Apple refurbs to my knowledge are only available through Apple.

9. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I just got a refurb Touch today, and i don't know if some extraneous conditions affected my exchange, but the people at the Genius Bar said the one i got came with a 90-day warranty and when I asked if we could purchase Apple Care and they said no.

10. CallistoJag macrumors member

Not had much luck with my refurb

Got a refurb 32gb G2 iPod Touch for xmas and worked for about 15min then froze and now wont even restore in DFU mode. Still awaiting returns packaging from Apple now overdue. Will go to a retail store if I do not hear from them soon. Hopefully will have a good outcome :)

11. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

I was just going to say this. Apple refurbs can be a lot different from Best Buy refurbs. Check them out beforehand. If I had to guess, I would say the Best Buy one is going to be a lot worse.

Making an Appointment at a Genius Bar is a lot faster if you have a close-by Apple Store.

Good luck!