Refurbs

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eternlgladiator, Apr 8, 2016.

1. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Does anybody have a good website that tracks apple refurbs. I'm looking for the ipad pro 9.7 or ipad mini 4. I know the pro is new so do any of you have a good estimate of when it might be on there? mini 4 has been out a while but as far as I can tell they haven't been there yet so I'd also love an estimate for that too.

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I use refurb.me to track when a new generation or specific model of something hits the store. I know that it didn't have the 12.9" pro when I last looked, so might not have the 9.7" - but they're pretty active on Twitter (or were when I last asked them a q!) so might be able to help you out.

3. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

Best Buy has an open box option on the individual iPad page when they're in-stock. It's not automatic but another option if you're open to a non-Apple refurb that still carries he Apple warranty.

4. eternlgladiator thread starter macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Thank you! I could not remember that website, nor find it.

I'll keep an eye on best buy as well. Thanks for the tip!

5. kaydot macrumors regular

In previous threads about refurbs in general, it is noted that refurbs usually begin to show up 3-6 months after product introduction.

6. Mr.C, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

Mr.C macrumors 601

Judging by what has happened in the past with new Apple hardware releases it seems like it typically takes around 6 months from release date for refurbs to appear although I believe last years retina MacBook Pros showed up in the refurb store after 4 months.

7. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

No problem. That's how I bought my iPad Pro 12.9-inch WiFi 128GB for only $774.

8. NJFP macrumors 6502

Just got my 12.9 Pro from Best Buy on an open box special. Wasn't looking for one with cellular, but for $250.00 discount, I jumped on it!