Refurbushed Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by branharrison6, Apr 5, 2007.

1. branharrison6 macrumors member

Anyone own one? If so how does it come packaged? Is this unit's condidition near new? Does it still work well? May look into getting a refurbushed model to save $$ but wanna hear some personal stories.

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. taildragger macrumors newbie

Just ordered mine today! As far as I've heard, odd are that you are going to get a good machine at a good price, with the small possibility of getting some freebies with it.

BTW, use the search option, this question has been beat to death in the past

3. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I have purchased a number of refurb machines from Apple over the years, and the only difference should be that it comes in a brown cardboard box as opposed the packaging a new machine would come in.

Everything I have ever received from Apple has looked and performed as new, cosmetically and functionally.

I just got a 15" CD MBP last month and it's perfect. And I saved a boatload of money in the process as well.

MD

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

My experience has been just like MacDann's.

I recently bought a refurb CD 1.83 MacBook for $799. Absolutely good as new, mint condition. The kicker was that it came with 1GB of RAM, instead of the listed 512MB! :D

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Brandon, please search the forums. There have been a dozen threads like this one.

6. mantic macrumors 6502a

Just got my refurb MBP and it is in new condition.. I would have no qualms ordering a refurb if I were you. I've only heard of a few bad experiences.