Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

To celebrate the award nominations given to Killers of the Flower Moon, Apple today sent out emails about a new Apple Pay promotion that offers users a free popcorn when purchasing a ticket to a movie at a Regal theater.

apple-pay-movie-promotion.jpg

For each ticket purchased to Killers of the Flower Moon or another film that is part of Regal's Best Picture Film Festival, Apple Pay users can get a free small popcorn. The promotion is available starting today and will last until March 9.

To get the deal, tickets will need to be purchased with Apple Pay from the Regal website or the Regal app. After purchase, a voucher for a free small popcorn will be emailed out, and it can be redeemed from March 1 through March 10.

Killers of the Flower Moon, from director Martin Scorsese, earned 10 Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture of the Year. It is still in theaters, and can also be watched on Apple TV+.

Article Link: Regal Apple Pay Promo Offers Free Popcorn With Movie Ticket Purchase

• Love
Reactions: Jhonjhon236

AlastorKatriona

Suspended
Nov 3, 2023
Dismal year for movies when this is the #1 contender for best picture. It was an OK movie but if it had any other director's name attached it would be a solid 6 out of 10. Considering people were calling it a "masterpiece" before they had even seen it, it's no surprise really.

Reactions: rbramseyjr

TracesOfArsenic

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2018
By Scorsese's standards it was garbage. By your average movie's standards it was ordinary. What a joke.

RealE

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
Kind of ironic, no? AMC and Cinemark now have apple pay on site, what is taking Regal so long?
Regal has been struggling. Though they did just emerge from bankruptcy ~6 months ago with billions of dollars in debt discharged.

That said, the Regal near me still has super antiquated point of sale systems that look over two decades old. They missed an opportunity to upgrade to contactless payments when they updated to accept EMV (chip) cards. Though come to think of it, I wonder if they're not still swiping the magnetic strips.

echopulse

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2021
Abilene, TX
Regal has been struggling. Though they did just emerge from bankruptcy ~6 months ago with billions of dollars in debt discharged.

That said, the Regal near me still has super antiquated point of sale systems that look over two decades old. They missed an opportunity to upgrade to contactless payments when they updated to accept EMV (chip) cards. Though come to think of it, I wonder if they're not still swiping the magnetic strips.
If they upgraded to terminals with chips, those same terminals should be capable of taking NFC payments. well over 90% of chip card terminals can take NFC. They might have to do a software update to turn on the functionality, but that shouldn't be a huge expense.

RealE

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
If they upgraded to terminals with chips
They did not. I paid careful attention to their POS setup on my last visit. They're guiding everyone toward self-checkout style touch screens with integrated credit card swipe, no nfc nor chip card support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.