regarding Apple warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by undermilli, Oct 27, 2012.

1. undermilli macrumors newbie

I recently purchased the rMBP 2012 and it seems the warranty have yet to be registered .

May I know if I could just register the warranty 1 year later or when the rMBP is broken ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can verify remaining warranty/AppleCare coverage for any Mac by entering the serial number here.

3. undermilli thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah , it says this :

Please validate your product's purchase date.
    Apple is unable to provide information about your service coverage. Please sign in with your Apple ID and provide your product's date of purchase so that we can display your coverage information.

And I already had my rMBP with me for 2 weeks now .
    What happens if I register the warranty at a later date ? ( ie next year )

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your warranty only lasts for a year, and you shouldn't wait until you need service to try to get it covered. It should be automatically covered. If it isn't, call AppleCare and explain your situation. Where did you buy your Mac?

5. undermilli thread starter macrumors newbie

Amazon .

They haven't registered my warranty .
    So I should wait till next year to register it so I get more warranty time ?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You won't get more warranty time. Your warranty begins when you buy your Mac, not when you register it. There is no advantage in waiting to register it.

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

they will require proof of purchase date - you wont be getting "extra" warranty

8. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

It doesn't matter where you purchased from; you'll have to provide the date you purchased your computer. Your warranty starts on that date, regardless of when you report the information to them. By delaying, you won't be getting a longer warranty; however, if you need service sometime soon and delay registering until then, it could cause you problems getting the computer serviced.