Regarding Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by firstjudge, Nov 10, 2008.

1. firstjudge macrumors newbie

So I've received my new Macbook Pro today and I looked around and found nothing about Applecare in the package. Is the Applecare information supposed to come separately or am I missing something? Sorry if this has been posted before. Thanks.

: posted using new mbp :cool:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you purchase Applecare? You get a warranty for one year, Applecare extends said warranty for 2 more years thereafter.
    You have to pay a couple (few) hundred dollars more for Applecare after the first year.

Does that make sense?

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Did you purchase Applecare with it?

If you did, it may already be registered - check you serial number at apple.com/support

4. firstjudge thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I already purchased it online when I ordered my MBP which I why I was expecting something from it.

5. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Did you order Apple Care with it? I would think you'd get the AppleCare CD and stuff with the laptop.

6. NStocks macrumors 65816

I purchased through HE via Telesales, and they told me that I should get some documentation that shows I am eligible for 3 years parts and labour ( which is automatically included at no extra cost through HE ). I did not get any documentation stating AppleCare, I have called AppleCare but the line is always busy and says tat the estimated waiting time is 15 minutes or less :rolleyes:.

NStocks

7. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

I ordered an iMac a few months ago with Apple Care, and I received a small box with the Apple Care certificate, documentation, and CD a few days after my computer arrived. I'd say if you don't receive the Apple Care stuff within 1 week, give Apple a call.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ah ok then ... see r.j.s.'s response here.
    You generally don't get anything when you do it that way. Not even a cheesy sticker or a kick in the pants.

9. firstjudge thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright I checked out the support site and it seems its registered already. Thanks guys. I did get 2 apple stickers in the box actually though I have no idea what they are for lol.

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Put one sticker on your car, the other anywhere you like.

Like it was said above, you should get a CD in a few days.

That's why I asked.

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You don't know?

One is for your a** and the other is for your forehead ;)

Not really... please, don't leave your house looking like that :)

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

12. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

I would go to an apple store and ask them they would know I think it should come with it though but I have never bought a new mac

13. bigcat318 macrumors 6502

I received a mailing envelope with AppleCare info in it a few days after my computer arrived. Even though it said it had shipped days before the computer did.