Regarding Battery Issue and Restore functions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Loqic, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Loqic macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just got my iPhone 4 three days ago and I've started to see issues with the battery. There have been plenty of threads discussing the problem where the phone continues to stay on usage. Essentially the battery will lose 40% of it's juice on lock in a few hours, which is terrible.

So I have tried a number of things, but finally resorted to restoring my phone to it's factory settings- hopefully this does the trick.
    As a first time iPhone user I have some concerns.

Will restoring my phone in any way effect the phones performance, memory, etc. (Any downsides to doing this, aside from the fact all saved data will be wiped)? I don't want to see a decline in performance already....it's only been a few days.

I'd really appreciate some comments from you guys, thanks.

2. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Back it up first.
    You might lose Apps but you can get those from the iTunes store again for free.
    Before you restore try turning off the new features in iOs5 under "settings".

iCloud
    Location Services
    GPS
    Siri

It seems that with most of these features turned on the battery is in constant demand And will drain faster than we're used to.

Do a complete recharge then reboot the phone.

3. Loqic thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have tried those exact things, and more. I turned off every potential service and deleted the only two apps I had which were facebook and skype. I also made sure that the both of the processes were turned off by going into the multi-task function. Still nothing. What did work was eventually recovering the phone to factory settings and recharging it to 100% battery.

I'm just wondering if doing this could potentially hurt my phone, especially if I have to constantly re-sync my music, which takes up a lot of space on my phone

4. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber