Regarding downgrading to Leopard and getting things from a Time Machine backup...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ivan P, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I've been having a few problems with my MacBook Pro ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, and some of these problems haven't been remedied even after several reinstalls. The main thing that's bothering me is my screen has started to flicker slightly (most noticable when a page has a white background), and it occurs on any brightness. It used to do this in Leopard as well, but not to this extent - it only ever did it if I was running on battery power and if the brightness was turned down quite low. Under Snow Leopard it's doing it under all brightness levels and regardless of if it's charging or on battery. It doesn't happen at all in my Boot Camp partition, so although it could just be a hardware thing that happened to start around the time Snow Leopard installed, I'd like to reinstall Leopard and see if it helps at all. However, my question is - I have a Time Machine backup from Snow Leopard, would I be able to use this at all after I reinstall Leopard? Even if it's just to get my documents and apps back?

2. alleycat macrumors regular

IIRC you'll get it all back to 10.5.8. Use the "system restore" under the utilities menu on the Snow Leopard disc after you select the language on the install.