Regarding Friday.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by photomel, Nov 20, 2007.

1. photomel macrumors member

Here's my thinking. If Friday is a sale day for Apple, why couldn't I order today and if my system goes on sale Friday I can just ask for the difference as a refund? Since they have a 14 day price match policy I figure I'm covered. Right?

Would Friday be an exception to this?

I still am not confident about the educational pricing thing. I've heard both sides.....no you cannot stack the EDU pricing and a sale price, and yes you can. Apple chat does not seem to know either. :rolleyes:

2. weeman macrumors 6502

I dont believe you can use the educational discount on top of the black friday price, its either or but not both.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That's correct. Apple has never allowed price stacking in the past.

4. kylep6190 macrumors member

Why not just wait 3 days? It's so close that itd be stupid to go out and buy it now knowing there will be a sale in 3 days, it's not worth the risk...just wait

5. tingly macrumors 6502

Delivery time could be temporarily longer with the crush of orders that day. I'd still wait and avoid the hassle of price matching, tho. Some stores suspend price matching that day, don't know if Apple does.

6. mac000 macrumors 6502a

Apple's "Black Friday Sale" is one of the furthest things i've ever seen away from a sale, let alone a black friday sale.

Too bad i say.

7. Canerican macrumors regular

Well about 5 years ago it was a great sale. Now they have a very limited number of doorbusters, mostly just pricing that is close edu.

Just go to BestBuy or CompUSA they have some amazing stuff, if you don't mind waiting a long time to get in/in line to pay.

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Even at somewhere like BB the really good deals are hidden. I mean a $300 laptop is fine but if it's already a POS by the time you get it home was it even worth 300? But looking through the ads (bfads.net) both BB and CC had some pretty good deals on mid-range camcorders and digital cameras. But as a rule Black Friday stuff is generally already the lowest price stuff that is carried.