Regarding GoodReader

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by rabdel12, Sep 4, 2011.

1. rabdel12 macrumors member

Hey all!

I have a textbook in PDF format , about 1500 pages, and I really need to annotate it! However I put it in iBooks and cannot seem to transfer it to GoodReader. I tried the WIFI sync but my WIFI network says error and I tried it on itunes but I do not see the goodreader app on the app section and dont know where filesharing is. Can anyone please tell me how I can transfer the PDF to Goodreader?

Thanks soo much!

2. swedefish macrumors 6502

My recommendation for using GoodReader to annotate PDFs is to set up a Dropbox account on your Mac/PC and put all the PDFs you want to read/annotate in GoodReader there. Then Sync with GoodReader on your iPad and you will find the same PDF documents on your iPad and you will be able to open in GoodReader and save your annotated PDFs to Dropbox.

3. palpatine macrumors 68040

goodreaderusb is a program you can download into osx that will enable you to drag and drop files. i highly recommend it.

if you want to go through itunes, open itunes, select the pad, select apps from the smaller row of buttons at the top, and scroll to the bottom. you'll see goodreader there.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

You mentioned you have it in iBooks: just click the action button and click on Open In. You should see GoodReader. Click on it and it should open there. You can also set up a cloud account like DropBox or SugarSync and sync those with GoodReader. Visit the help files in GoodReader - they are very well written and explain things nicely.