iPhone 7(+) Regarding iPhone 7 Series and Beyond

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEGO, Mar 22, 2018.

1. APPLEGO, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018

APPLEGO macrumors newbie

APPLEGO

Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
    Hello friends:

I create this thread to share my mixed feelings regarding iPhone 7 series. My first cell phone is iPhone 5 and I was pretty satisfied with it, therefore, I purchased iPhone 5s in 2013. After the releasing of iPhone 6 series, I thought that I should just wait for some significant changes and I skipped 6 and 6s. Eventually, I picked up iPhone 7 Plus on the launch day. From the very beginning, this phone ran on native iOS 10 and had been continuously sluggish....This sluggishness never appeared in previous flagship iPhones when then were running on native systems and was fixed in iOS 10.3 in March, 2017, which is the mid-product cycle of iPhone 7. This reflects Apple’s attitude of not caring towards iPhone 7 series even though 7 and 7 Plus were the most advanced phones from Apple at that time period (From Sept. 2016 to Sept. 2017). After this disastrous experience with iPhone, I have set a creed: I won’t buy any more new iPhones from Apple, instead, I will utilize the advantages of iPad by purchasing every new iPad Pro when it comes out. As a result, I purchased Second Generation 12.9 inch iPad Pro in June, 2017 and decide to purchase Third Generation when it comes out at this year’s WWDC18. Fortunately, I’m having a pretty smooth experience with iPad Pro:)

P.S.: My current mobile phone is iPhone 5s.

--- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2018 ---
    To be more specific, if I didn’t wait for 2 years (Skipping 6 and 6s), I wouldn’t have such furious feelings. I had hopes that iPhone 7 Plus could be good because I witnessed the great performances of 6 and 6s. Now I’m grateful that iPad Pro didn’t disappoint me, its larger display is really immersive and the chip (A10X Fusion) is fast enough compared with iPhone X chip (A11 Bionic). I’m looking forward to seeing the arrival of A11X this year.

What are your opinions of this issue? Thank you for taking time to read my post.

2. forestinjersey macrumors member

forestinjersey

Wow, I am on my 3rd 7 and have never experienced any of these issues.

Thanks for the 'clickbait' post

3. APPLEGO thread starter macrumors newbie

APPLEGO

Thanks for commenting on my thread, my friend! To be honest, I really had those issues at that time.

4. Raist3001 macrumors 65816

Raist3001

So you now carry your iPad Pro with you everywhere?

5. APPLEGO thread starter macrumors newbie

APPLEGO

Yeah, I put it in my bag;)

6. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

Never experienced any sluggish performance on my 6S let alone a 7. I’d have to say something was wrong with the phone or the software. I was so happy with the performance of my 6S that I skipped the 7 but, my girlfriend had the 7 and I’ve used it often. It had none of the issues you described..

7. Raist3001 macrumors 65816

Raist3001

I like it :)

8. APPLEGO thread starter macrumors newbie

APPLEGO

Thank you, my friend!;)

9. BasicGreatGuy, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Did you take the iPhone 7 plus back to the Apple Store (or call them) and explain what had been continuously going on? If you didn't, you can't rightfully complain about Apple with that phone.

When products are mass-produced, there will be defects and problems with some limited phones. It stinks when you are on the receiving end of such (I don't know if you were) but one can't be silent with any company that produces a product that may potentially have a hardware problem.

If you didn't talk to Apple, how do you know that your problems weren't caused by 1 or more third-party apps?

Saying you will never buy another iPhone because you had a problem with the iPhone 7 Plus is certainly your right. At the same time, it is akin to saying I will never buy another car, bike, or motorcycle because I had a problem with a prior model car, bike or motorcycle etc. It is the epitome of logical fallacy.

10. APPLEGO thread starter macrumors newbie

APPLEGO

Yesh, I think you are right. I neglected the fact that I didn’t take it to the Apple Store because the furious feelings engulfed me:(. Thanks for pointing it out!