Regarding iPod Speaker

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by defunct32, Aug 28, 2013.

1. defunct32 macrumors regular

Is it advisable to play music via speaker at max volume? I fear it might damage the speaker or make the sound quality via speaker poor over time if I keep doing this. I mean the music is loud enough even at half volume and I could invest in a portable speaker but I'm just curious how stable or long-lasting is Apple's iDevice speaker.

Any help and feedback are much appreciated.

iPod Touch 5th Generation here.

2. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

BUMP! Anyone knows anything? Sorry if this is such a nonsensical question or something real trite to be worried about.

3. Bear macrumors G3

The volume that is safe for the speaker depends on the sound source itself. Sometimes you have loud sources and sometimes quiet sources. If you're listening to it at a comfortable level, then there should be no speaker damage. If the sound is distorting, you're playing it too loud.

If I'm listening to music, I'd want a better speak or headphones/earbuds.

4. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

Figured as much, much thanks for the reply! ;) I usually bring my iPod to work and the good boss at work allows music and we can play it via the speaker, sometimes I would be away from the iPod and had to crank up the volume if I'm going to hear the music.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

sounds too me like you need a portable speaker.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Apple puts a max level of how loud the internal speaker can go so people do have problems and get replacements.

7. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

So in other words it's not good to play it at max volume? I usually do go full volume, just loud enough to make it listenable and not distorted.

------------o-------

Somewhere around there, usually around:

-----o---------------

Is loud enough for me. I am mostly just concerned if prolonged playing of music via speaker at almost max volume will cause any kind of damage, etc.

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

It is fine for it to go max volume. Apple set a max volume within the software so no problems can happen in the future.

9. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet! Thank you! ;)