Regarding the back to school deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by askabob91, Jun 6, 2010.

1. askabob91 macrumors member

Hi.

My macbook is getting old so I want to buy a new macbook.

I am eligible for the back to school deal and I want to get an iPod with my computer. However, my brother is about to go out of country this Friday for the rest of summer and he wants an iPod before he heads out.

I don't have the money to buy a new macbook yet but I will in approximately a month. I want to buy the iPod for him now and my macbook in a few weeks. The terms say that it has to be on the same receipt but what difference does it make if they are bought within a few weeks of each other?

I know an apple employee, would it be dumb if I went ahead and bought the iPod but when I go to buy my macbook, I "return" the iPod and buy a new one so I can ask him to put both the macbook and iPod on the same receipt?

cheers

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If it says, it has to be on the same receipt, then it has to be on the same receipt. Those are the conditions.
    Can't your brother wait a little longer for his iPod?

3. hzamani macrumors member

Ask your brother to chip in and then transfer money into his bank account as repayment.

Apple's conditions are straight up conditions, usually no exceptions.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

since it's a rebate program you'll have to have them on the same receipt as the conditions state.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you were buying the computer first you might be able to do something (managers can get around the "computer + ipod on one receipt" requirement), but in your case I don't think it's going to happen.