Regarding the macbook refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sokjin, Feb 25, 2010.

1. sokjin macrumors newbie

Ok so i finally decided to post after alot of trolling in the past few weeks.

I noticed how alot of people here keep saying how it will be released week after week and I keep believing them week after week, I too want to purchase my first mac product and do not want something outdated.

I just wanted to ask a question maybe someone can help me out..

as you all know there is a educational discount going on but the offer ends
    29th of march. for those who were keeping track last year did Apple refresh while this offer was still there or did they wait till the promotion finished?

Maybe they will refresh in April? correct me if im wrong lol im getting pretty impatient myself

"* Buy a qualifying Mac and iPod with your education discount between 5 January and 29 March 2010, and be eligible for a mail-in rebate of up to $268 inc GST. Mac mini, Apple TV, iPhone and refurbished products are not eligible. Terms and Conditions apply. Visit http://www.apple.com/au/promo/ to download the rebate form for full details. Not all Apple products qualify for education pricing. "

2. cys920622 macrumors member

I'm seriously wondering how you missed this OP. We've been speculating over this for at least a month now, and several volumes of posts have passed. We even sent a couple agents on espionage missions. You should really go check it out. Page 10 or somewhere around there on part 4 I believe... However, I don't think it turned out to be anything of huge significance.
    Take care.

3. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

The education refresh goes off? i thought the educational store was always on

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

he is referring to the free ipod.

5. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Hmm...Outdated MBP+free iPod....or updated (and maybe cheaper)MBP hardware...let's see....:p

6. sokjin thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh i have read the thread

didnt think it would hurt to make a thread

all i was asking was whether during the last refresh did they or did they not have a rebate or if they waited till the educational offer finished before they released the new macs

7. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I have finally come to a conclusion. You guys are not going to believe this but I have figured out when Apple will release new MacBook Pros...

Whenever they decide to!

I know, crazy huh?? :D

8. MetalPhreak macrumors newbie

Guys his question was simple.

Somewhere in those 400ish pages someone did say they updated to the unibody MBPs during a back to school/uni promotion, but it was a country outside the USA.

There isn't a promo running in the USA at the moment, and I highly doubt us Australians will have much of an impact on whether apple releases a product worldwide.

It's not like steve jobs is going "those damn aussies, I dont want their students to save money on the new MBPs so nobody is getting them yet"

9. sokjin thread starter macrumors newbie

oh ok thanks metal phreak thats all i needed to know