Regardless of what new macs are coming out....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wreckus, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I still love my mid 2014 Macbook Pro.

Doesn't matter what I throw at it game wise, it runs great. Older games like The Movies (from lionhead), the new Master of Orion game, or even Divinity: Original Sins - Enhanced edition, it performs like a champ and the games looks great as well.

The screen was and still is stunning. I just changed my wallpaper from a new pic from interfacelift.com and it brighten up the screen and I once again marvel at how beautiful it is.

Even though it has the haswell chip (I think), I can still see myself sticking with it for another 2 years.

I never experience this much love with a laptop even, not even my old macbook air or any windows laptop had this affect on me.

Love fest over.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Agreed my late 2013 is still a fantastic laptop.

3. zoneee macrumors regular

love it too, but gaming is really bad, cant even run LoL at 60 fps stable at any res :S

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, my 2012 MBP is still running like a champ. Its largely a computer that my daughters now use, but the design, the screen and the performance still bring a smile to my face :D

5. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

I've never had a Mac I didn't love. Well, except for my 2011 when radeongate happened. :eek:

I've never owned anything newer than a 2012 15" rMBP. I actually just downgraded to a 2012 13" cMBP because I didn't like only one SSD in the rMBP.

6. jerryk macrumors 68020

Notebook are just too much of a compromise for gaming. I need big monitors and fast GPUs for gamining. And Windows.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

8. savagewatts macrumors regular

I agree. I've had multiple desktops and laptops for over 20 years and my mid 2014 Macbook Pro is by far my favourite. I'll be using it until it can't keep up anymore. I expect to get another three years out of it at least.