Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wreckus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I still love my mid 2014 Macbook Pro.

Doesn't matter what I throw at it game wise, it runs great. Older games like The Movies (from lionhead), the new Master of Orion game, or even Divinity: Original Sins - Enhanced edition, it performs like a champ and the games looks great as well.

The screen was and still is stunning. I just changed my wallpaper from a new pic from interfacelift.com and it brighten up the screen and I once again marvel at how beautiful it is.

Even though it has the haswell chip (I think), I can still see myself sticking with it for another 2 years.

I never experience this much love with a laptop even, not even my old macbook air or any windows laptop had this affect on me.

Love fest over.

zoneee

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
love it too, but gaming is really bad, cant even run LoL at 60 fps stable at any res :S

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yeah, my 2012 MBP is still running like a champ. Its largely a computer that my daughters now use, but the design, the screen and the performance still bring a smile to my face :D

MacInTO

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2005
Canada, eh!
I've never had a Mac I didn't love. Well, except for my 2011 when radeongate happened. :eek:

I've never owned anything newer than a 2012 15" rMBP. I actually just downgraded to a 2012 13" cMBP because I didn't like only one SSD in the rMBP.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Notebook are just too much of a compromise for gaming. I need big monitors and fast GPUs for gamining. And Windows.

savagewatts

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver, BC
I agree. I've had multiple desktops and laptops for over 20 years and my mid 2014 Macbook Pro is by far my favourite. I'll be using it until it can't keep up anymore. I expect to get another three years out of it at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.