Regent st store London/LG screens

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maccleduff, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Has anyone got a :apple:MBP from the regent st store in london and scored an LG panel recently?

(found by System Preferences>Displays>click on the "Color" tab>Click "Open Profile">go to number 13. If you see 9C67 the manufacture is LG, 9C68 is is Samsung. )

2. dcv macrumors G3

They have a couple of LG panels on display (from week 22 or whenever it was) but all 4 of the MBPs I bought from Regent St had Samsung panels. There's nothing wrong with my 4th one though.

3. Maccleduff thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info, Im hoping to go next week sometime, trying to avoid the dreaded 1/3 yellow tint (last time i bought it mid july and it had it (samsung panel) so i returned it).

So your 4th one had no yellow tint or anything like that ... and did you replace it a few times till it was perfect?

4. dcv macrumors G3

My 4th one is perfect, no yellow tint and all cosmetically/functionally good :)

The first 3 had several problems - I didn't return any due to yellowing (though that was very apparent on the first one) - there were many other issues including faulty power management, dead pixels, uneven backlighting, constant kernel panics, etc etc etc.

I think a lot of the 'issues' were resolved in the first few weeks with MBP-specific software/firmware updates so you really shouldn't worry too much if you're buying now. It seems a lot of people apparently prefer the LG screen but my Samsung one looks great.

Good luck, hope you get a good 'un!

5. omfintrepid macrumors newbie

i got a 15" 2.2GHz from Bentall Centre, Kingston. It's an LG screen.

6. Maccleduff thread starter macrumors regular

I might actually consider having a look there as its only 1/2 an hour away from waterloo station to kingston. Thanks. :)