Regent Street Apple Store on release date?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J@ffa, Sep 25, 2007.

1. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

If I go to the Apple store on Friday with a friend to buy a pair of 16GB iPod Touches, are we going to have to get there really early, or just turn up whenever (even if it's busy)? I guess I could get there for opening, but it'd be nice to be leisurely about it.

2. J@ffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

3. sananda macrumors 68020

are they not selling them now? they certainly were when i was in there last week.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

they had a couple on display today, and had some for sale yesterday that had all gone; the chap i spoke to said they were expecting more later in the week or early next week.

Answer - call before you go...

5. J@ffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Well, wish me luck — I'm going to be waiting at the door tomorrow. I can't really call ahead, since they won't be open, and if I wait to call they'll probably sell out. Grr!

6. Gee macrumors 65816

You might have to make your own queue... :)

7. J@ffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Well, I wasn't planning on queuing as much as I was just going to turn up around 10am... haha. They probably won't have any... hopefully I don't fall victim to rational thought and buy an iPod classic instead!

8. iShak macrumors 6502

I'll be there on Saturday afternoon ... I will be coming all the way from deep south west so they better have it in stock!!

(I would have called ahead but need to go anyway, my friend needs a macbook, no he can't wait till leopard)

9. garethpeate macrumors newbie

I called the Apple Store in Manchester (Arndale) this afternoon, and they couldn't confirm that they'd have any in tomorrow.

The lady just told me to call back after lunch tomorrow and she'd be able to tell me more.

So I think I'll just get the first train out there and stand in line and wait for the place to open, thank you very much.. :rolleyes:

10. J@ffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

w00t! Ahem.

Just picked mine up an hour or three ago at the Regent Street store. 16GB and everything, week 38. I'm really happy, especially that I avoided living by the sword of the postal service!

11. iShak macrumors 6502

got my iPod touch today from regent street store as well. They ran out of 16gb models by 2:00pm but had a few 8gb models on the shelves. The device ain't too bad but will my final verdict after using it for a week at least

Oh and it is a week 38 and no screen problem/ hiss

12. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Just to let you all know....

The Glasgow Store only got a stock of 100 and sold out really fast!

I went through from edinburgh today on the word from a staff member that they wont sell out as they should get enough to cover a week as their shipments are usually weekly for fast selling items.

Did they really think 100 would last a week or did they get less than they expected!!!!!!

13. iZaid macrumors member

Noooooo!

I went to apple store regent st. this evening and they had run out of all touch models:mad: BTW Argos in high street kensington have some 8gig models left in stock.

14. iShak macrumors 6502

sorry to hear that, but it was almost expected.

I was at Apple store at 2:00 and there were two lines of customer on the ground floor, each had some 20 people and every other person was asking for the touch, soon the sales guy started shouting that they had run out of 16GB models and have only a few 8GB left so people joining the line right now should probably come some other day ... and every one of us was on our toes looking at the fast disappearing stack of touch on the table wishing the next person would just buy something else haha .. was fun.

when I left they only had some 8 or 9 left.