Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atomwork

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2001
Miami Beach
not right

Originally posted by dukestreet

Thanks for the link.

Well, think about this. StarWars EP2 comes out on DVD in America months ahead of other countries. This prevents some idiots going and buying cases of them and selling them in their home country before they released outside the US. I agree its silly, but it makes sense.

But I'd actually prefer them just releasing the movies all at the same time, it would solve the problem. Why is it that you have to have different release dates?

Many friends back in Europe can buy a DVD player that plays all region. Only here in the US its fu**ed. I don't get this from apple. I can switch 4 more times the region on my G4, then not anymore. Whats that? why not allowing it here or forbit it totally?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by dukestreet
Damn, so if I went to Europe and brought my TiPB, bought a DVD it wouldn't work unless I hacked it? That's nuts and pretty silly if you ask me, but I can see the reasoning behind it. I'll have to remember that when I do travel outside the US with my TiPB.

Most computer DVD drives allow you to set the region up to 5 times. After that you're stuck with whatever you last set the region to.

This is true of the apple combo and superdrives.

So it doesn't matter where you buy your computer, it matters how you set the drive.

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
I just bough Star Wars Episode II in The Netherlands for 28 euro (= $28). I wonder how much it is in the USA. Can anybody tell me?
thanx

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
The Italian Job has been out in the UK and Germany for months (if not years), and in the US, it has slipped its release date 11 times.

Now we'll prolly have to wait until Marky Mark's remake of the Italian Job (in LA) comes out to get the original.

For new releases region coding is okay (although fallible), but for a 35 year old film?

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Re: krack code

Originally posted by atomwork
Check this out. Might help

http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/download.html

YES - i have a pioneer superdrive (QS2002) and i got the RPC-1 fcrom there. Read the instructions TO THE LETTER.

I did and the only problem i had is that there is no crack for my dads combo yet. oh well, he has a pioneer sd anyway so he can still watch US DVDs

PS. I is in Aussie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.