Region settings in Mactheripper

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HelpBub, Mar 22, 2013.

1. HelpBub macrumors newbie

Hi

I downloaded Mactheripper to Convert a UK reg 2 DVD to a US reg 1 or region 0. The DVD was encrypted so I used a decoder. When I insert the DVD, there is no popup window as mactheripper suggest there should be. I cannot find anywhere else to change this setting either. By decrypting it, did I lose any option of doing so?

I'm confused and hoping someone can clarify what I'm doing wrong. I'm not pirating. It's a rare DVD that I could only find on Ebay from the UK and I paid a bunch to get it and I just wanna watch it in the US.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

You can also try MakeMKV and Ripit, likely it`s your drive being set to Region 1 is the culprit. I use an old Iomega DVD burner to get round this as it`s Region free, and in general a lot faster. Best bet for just one encode is to switch your drive to Region to 2 and then back to Region 1, however you will consume two Region changes by doing this out of 4 or 5 maximum.

If you have access to a PC try DVDdecrypter it can rip DVD`s to a drive regardless of the optical drives Region code.

Another option is to loan a Region free USB drive if you know anyone who has one. I am the same i tend to backup any rare films as over time they can become impossible to source.