Register UDID, What Happens after 365 Days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShivneelSingh, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ShivneelSingh macrumors member

Hi, I wanted to register my iPhone UDID but I know it expires after 365 days. What happens after? Will it brick my iPhone?
    Also, if I register my UDID to be able to use iOS 5 beta 4, but then "normally" upgrade to iOS 5 in September, will my UDID be back with a Apple consumer account or will be still be under a developer account?

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Nothing will happen you just won't be able to use beta software next year. It will stay on the developer account. & yes you will be able to use beta 4 then go onto the official software when is out.

3. ShivneelSingh thread starter macrumors member

Exactly the answer I was looking for, thanks!

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

FYI,

it expires after 365 days from when the developer registered their account with Apple, not from when you were added to 1 of the 100 UDID slots a developer is given.

So it would be wise to find out when the developer's account is set to expire.

ex: what if the developer's account is set to expire in 2 weeks and does not re-register with Apple (not pay the $100/yr fee) and then Apple releases a new beta in 3 weeks, you will not be able to update your device since the account and all of the 100 UDID slots will be expired.

5. ShivneelSingh thread starter macrumors member

This is exactly what I'm scared of...