Registered developer for Lion beta?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jpetticrew, Sep 24, 2011.

1. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I'm an iOS dev and have iOS 5 on my iPhone and iPad. I'd like to download 10.7.2 so that I can take advantage of iCloud on my Mac. Is there a UDID type registration process for Lion betas too, or can I just find the installer and install it?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

4. Lokheed macrumors regular

You can't. You need to register as an OS X developer to get those. iOS ≠ OS X.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Sorry but I thought it would be very helpful.

It tells you exactly what you wanted to know.

" iOS and Mac Developer Program members can set up iCloud for iOS, OS X Lion and Windows, and prepare their apps for the iCloud service."

6. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I'm not a registered Mac developer though. I have no reason to pay the $99 per year because I don't develop Mac apps. I just want to be able to use iCloud on my Mac. In the iOS developer program, in order to install iOS 5 on a device, you must first register the UDID of that device because iTunes does a check when installing iOS. I didn't know if the same check happened when installing OS X betas.

And I apologize for being snarky. I thought that you linked me to the developer site to be a smart ass. :rolleyes:

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ya that's one of the major flaws in this iCloud thing. I blame Apple for it personally.

If theyre gonna do something like iCloud they should make the OSX beta available to both devs regardless of which program they belong to.

But. Since you do iPhone stuff it might be worth the $99 to join the OSX program.

8. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Well when I quit making crappy apps that don't ever make me any money, I'll think about it. :p