Registered my iphone at store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blitzerin, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Blitzerin macrumors newbie

when I got my iphone today, after activating it, the apple employee asked me if I wanted to register the phone on itunes. I wasn't really thinking, and just said, "sure" and registered, putting in my credit card number and everything. I'm now paranoid that my credit card number will be easily accessible, since they used one of the demo computers, and god knows what people install or put on them. Does apple clear their computers of data each day? Is my credit card number and iphone safe? :(

2. Blitzerin thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Knolly macrumors 6502a

It won't. It isn't stored on the computer beyond the couple of seconds that it has to be to be sent to Apple.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

That kind of stuff isn't stored in iTunes, let alone on their computers.. only in your own personal account at home.

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

You can't just walk in and install a program, OS X needs the admin password to install anything, so only things apple employees installed are on there. And the rest is done through iTunes, over a secure network link. Intact, it's probably safer than shopping online.

6. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

I recently learned this when I wanted to upgrade to 2.0 on my iPhone which involved making a backup. All Apple Store computers are crippled, in the the idea that they can not store personal information. The programs are modified to not hold the info.

Just relaxxxxx.....