Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardLynch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Evening all...

So, yesterday a friend of mine finally joined the iPhone 4 club. However as she bought it before work, she wanted to activated it straight away and as I had my laptop and my iTunes, we decided to use my iTunes to do it. All went as planned.

However, whenever she goes into the App Store or iTunes Apps on the phone, it comes up with my iTunes login details and is prompted to enter my password to continue with her purchase. However much I love her, id rather it not be this way.

We've gone to the settings and deleted my login details and entered her iTunes login details, but it still prompts my details when purchasing stuff....

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Does she have a computer with iTunes?

The easiest thing is for her to sync her phone with her computer and use her iTunes to restore the phone with a fresh wipe.

She's going to need to sync with her machine anyway if she wants to put music and movies on the phone, might as well do it now as it'll have the nice side-benefit of solving this problem when she does it.

We've gone to the settings and deleted my login details and entered her iTunes login details, but it still prompts my details when purchasing stuff....

I honestly don't know why that didn't work. It should have. Were you in the 'Store' section of the Settings menu?

But at any rate, if she just syncs to her computer it'll probably make things much easier.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Does she have a computer with iTunes?

The easiest thing is for her to sync her phone with her computer and use her iTunes to restore the phone with a fresh wipe.

She's going to need to sync with her machine anyway if she wants to put music and movies on the phone, might as well do it now as it'll have the nice side-benefit of solving this problem when she does it.

I honestly don't know why that didn't work. It should have. Were you in the 'Store' section of the Settings menu?

But at any rate, if she just syncs to her computer it'll probably make things much easier.

Yeah, I would imagine it would work the same as when Apple/AT&T activates in store, you just take it home and sync on (hers actually) and she should be fine. I agree though, the only person I would probably let sync to my computer is my GF, just seems needlessly complicated for anyone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.