registered wrong orange (UK) number during itunes activation

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by greenhaze, May 12, 2010.

1. greenhaze macrumors newbie

Help! I'm a total iPhone newbie and it seems also a bit of a moron!

've just bought an iPhone and inserted my brand new pay monthly SIM25 card. The registration process worked fine but the phone is not letting me make calls - it says "sorry, calls from this number are barred". Please help!

Is this because when i registered my SIM card I asked it to transfer my existing Orange number to this SIm Card? Or is because I entered my existing number (ie the one I want my iPhone to have, not the one that came with the SIM) when I registered the phone through iTunes just now. Could that be the problem?

Whatever I did wrong I need your help please! It won't even let me call 150 from the iPhone to access Orange customer services. What can I do? How long will it take for my numbers to be switched over? Is there any way that I can 're'-register the iPhone with the 'correct' number through iTunes (ie. the number that came with the SIM Card?). ANyone had similar problems and know how to sort it out quickly and simply?

Any advice gratefully received.
    Thanks!

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Call Orange. It looks like some stuff is still propagating, but not sure.