Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I'm really wanting to register a domain I've got my eye on, with a .it extension.

Are there any reasonably priced registrars that'll do this, and accept paypal (don't ask) as a payment method?

Currently all I've found is http://www.nameroute.co.uk, who are charging £30 (US$60) for one year. I can get almost eight .com domains for that :eek:

macsig

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
Why don't you look for an Italian provider.

I don't know if someone who is not Italian resident can register a domain with them but if you can you save a lot of money.

I spend 10 euro per year for my Italian domain (with tophost.it)

bigandy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Why don't you look for an Italian provider.

I don't know if someone who is not Italian resident can register a domain with them but if you can you save a lot of money.

I spend 10 euro per year for my Italian domain (with tophost.it)
I can't just go with the cheapest because I need the flexibility of DNS customisation (you know, like Fasthosts stopped offering through UKREG, the bastards).

I've actually settled on Hexonet.net. They're German, and obviously, seem very efficient. :)

To register an Italian domain you have to be an EU resident, or have a permanent business presence in the EU... apparently.

Wonder who has the rights to **** or ****?

Someone had to ask.
Thanks for that.... bloody demis :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.