Registering a Mac ?'s

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by edcoche, Nov 9, 2007.

1. edcoche macrumors regular

edcoche

When I started up my macbook for the 1st time today it had me set up the language and wireless network and then came a registration page. At the bottom of the box I saw some text stating that I did not have to register the computer and the warranty would still be active. However, there was no option anywhere for me to skip the registration step. I went back and I didnt see any option to get to the leopard main screen, and had to re-enter my network key. Basically, I had no choice (or so it seemed) but to register the product. Why was this? Is there a way for me to look and see if I actually registered the product? Some of you may be wondering, why did he not want to register the product? I was planning on doing it, I just didn't want to rush into it 5 minutes into turning the machine on for the first time. It kinda ticked me off not having an option b/c in the text they led you to believe that registration was not necessary and at the very same time they did not provide the user with an option to avoid the registration procedure. Doesn't make sense to me. What are the pros and cons to registering / not registering the product? are there any?

Thanks in advance for your time in reading this message and your responses.

-Ed

2. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

When I got my macbook at first I didnt have to register it becuae I didnt have a network connection.

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

If you enter your information, but choose not to send it, it doesn't send the information to Apple. It gives you an option of sending it at a later date.

4. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

Hhmmmm, somehow I must have missed that. I really do not know how b/c I read everything.

5. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

The way to get out of it is to simply hit Command-Q at the registration screen and the app will quit. That's it.

6. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

well, too late for that. :(

Is there a way to be able to tell if the macbook has been registered?
    It really is not a big deal. Although some of the information that I had put in doesent reflect how I would like it to be through apple. if I did register it (not sure if I did) is there any to change what I sent to apple? this question may sound stupid to some....but...it is what it is. ;)