Registering Apple Care for Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tangerine, May 19, 2007.

1. Tangerine macrumors regular

Tangerine

Hi,

This is my first time buying Apple Care for my Mac Pro. I bought it online at eBay from a reliable user with over 1K feedbacks. I received the Apple Care Protection Plan Box and it was factory seal and brand new. I go to Apple Website and register it. I enter my Mac Pro serial number and Apple Care serial number, it accept it just fine, but it wasn't instant. It say something like it take 1 - 2 weeks I will get a certification that it was register and to show up. Is this normal? Should I be worries? I thought it would be instant. It also say it may need to be verified and provide receipt as proof of purchased. Should I call Apple Care? Would it matter if I tell them I buy it from eBay?

2. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

That's fine. You'll get the Applecare papers in the mail. You could also check out http://www.apple.com/ca/support/macpro/ and put your serial # in the About Your Support Coverage box on the right of the page.

3. Tangerine thread starter macrumors regular

Tangerine

Oh ok, thanks! How long does it usually take to get the paper in the mail? Is this all I have to do at this point? Sorry, this is my first time buying Apple Care. I don't even buy Apple Care for iPods. Thanks for the links, too bad it down right now. I'm going to check on it again.

4. teohyc macrumors regular

teohyc

You can actually call Apple hotline to register your Applecare.
    Takes one day for the Applecare to effect.