Registering AppleCare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by musukosan, Feb 4, 2010.

1. musukosan macrumors regular

Do I have to wait until my AppleCare box arrives to register it to my computer? I could have sworn I read somewhere that when you buy it, Apple sends you the Agreement Number in an email but so far they haven't, and of course I can't find where I read that.

I just read on Apple's site that you must register before the warranty expires. My phone support expires today. So now I am nervous that I won't get anymore phone support even though I bought the AppleCare today.

Anyone know for sure?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You have one year from date of purchase to activate AppleCare. However, if you were worried about losing it you should have planned better to have the AppleCare box arrive in plenty of time.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

[​IMG]

Since you can buy Apple Care 364 days after the day of the purchase of the Apple product and you still get telephone support, I don't think, that you don't get telephone support just because the was a smaller gap of time.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure the phone support will pick back up after you register Apple Care.

5. musukosan thread starter macrumors regular

You are so right! As a new iMac owner, I totally should have known that Apple ships an empty box with a number in it, instead of emailing you number. :eek:

Seriously, do you live in a country where it is productive to be rude to people you don't know, who are asking for help? :confused:

When I called Apple they said I would get the phone support back once I register the AppleCare. Thanks to everyone for their inputs.

6. gonewestcoast macrumors member

And as soon as his time machine is completed, I'm certain he'll get right on that.

If you can't be helpful, perhaps "not posting" is the option you should consider pursing?

OP: You have a year from date of purchase to register AppleCare. You may lose phone support for a few days until your box shows up, but once it's registered you can call in. Just avoid calling in for a few days, you'll be fine. :)

7. pommack macrumors newbie

i have been wondering how does apple Know when the 364 after purchase is because apple doesent ask for receipt when you activate the apple care.

8. mcruzader macrumors regular

Uhm. :confused: Serial Numbers...