registering application for all users on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shobhit, Oct 16, 2007.

1. shobhit macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have created an application to handle a protocol. If i copies this application directly to "/Applications" folder and then logs in to some other user then my application works fine.

But if i copies my application under some hierarchy say "/Applications/abc/xyz/myapplicaton" and then if i log in with some other user then MAC OS does not recognize my application. On the other hand if i intenstionally clicked my application then it works fine.

I have tried it for registering with "LSRegisterFSRef" API available in MAC, but this too doesn't helped, also i have ended up by setting the permission for the application.

Is there any problem in creating the application. How can i solve this problem please help me as i m in the urgent need.

Regards
    Shobhit Jain

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

This question should go in the "programing" section. But have you checked permissions all the way up the /Applications/abc/xyz/... tree to make sure it is both "R and "X" (read and execute) for the user. Funny UNIX thing is that you need "X" to list a directory.

When you re-post to "programming" list permissions for everything