Registration information setup change

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CharlieB1, Jul 10, 2010.

1. CharlieB1 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if there is a way besides Reinstall to change the Registration Information data you put when you first set up your mac.. I do not like sharing my information, so I was wondering if there was a way to change it thanks!

2. CharlieB1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont think that just by changing the one in the Address book you change what was sent to Apple.... when you first setup your mac that information is sent to Apple right?? How do I change this sent information

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If it is sent already, which you don't have to if you have no internet connection set up during that setup process, you can't change it, as Apple already has it in their database. So unless you're a hacker, you're pretty much lost.

4. CharlieB1 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I make a reinstall and re-register will that change the information I sent to Apple? For what does apple use this information?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't know if it will change that information, as I don't know if Apple stores the serial number of the Mac or the MAC address or both, but if they do, I think they will just append that info. I just never set up an internet connection during those setup processes.

Apple will most likely keep the information you gave them for faster handling your case in case you have a case of some repair to be done or whatever case you might have to deal with them.

Those threads I linked to (MRoogle) can give you further details though, I'm just too lazy now to C&P due to excessive heat.