Regret getting the Silver iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3lite, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

Will never buy another non-black iPhone ever again. Sure, when you first get a white/gold iPhone it has that gloss and floss factor. But it doesn't have the timeless motive of a black iPhone.

Word to the wise, only buy black iPhones.

2. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

Lol

3. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Matter of choice, IMO.

Got the black ( or whatever it's called ... ) after owning the white (4/4S/5) and it's a welcome change.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Well, Space Gray is a bit boring and I miss Slate. If Apple keeps Space Gray for iPhone 6, I might switch to Gold.

5. 617aircav Suspended

I bought the 5s color that was available at launch. I buy my phones to use and not to marvel at the color. Whatever the color the phone works the same way.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Exactly. I actually wanted any color except for black as my last phone was black.

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

8. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Black iPhone looks like an Android phone. The Gold iPhone is unique. And i can't really tell the difference between a Black iPhone 5 and a Black iPhone 5S. That was also an other reason to go Gold.

9. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

10. cynics macrumors G3

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Goodness....What does that even mean ? Word to the wise. I dislike black, and have gone silver, and now gold. Black is depressing to me. If you like black, fine, but stay away from language that says "Word to the wise" garbage. It makes you look as if you are, all knowing, which you are not

12. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

My god man. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I would propose the opposite, only buy white iPhones because white is Apples signature colour.

13. seble macrumors 6502a

I'm the opposite, when I got the 4 i had always wanted it in white but it was never available. I got a black instead, but since getting a 5S went for silver/white, love it!

14. TruckdriverSean, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014

TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I'd second this.

My first two iPhones (3G and 4) were black. Everything since (4S, 5, 5S) have been white/silver.

I personally think that most cases look way better on a white/silver iPhone. And I use cases. So white/silver for me, thanks.

You might look at trading with someone.

Sean

15. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Got my wife a gold and it looks rather nice. I needed up going with space grey since that's all they had in stock at the time. I rather like them both. Had a white 4S and 5, so I am ok with changing things up a little. Not sure what I will go with next year. I always tell myself I won't get the next phone... and then I do anyway. Too hard not to use my upgrade on a phone I can sell for twice my upgrade cost every year lol.

16. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

You can tell the difference between an iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S based on visuals if they are next to each other?

17. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yep, one has a square on the home button and the other doesn't. :rolleyes:

18. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

This, plus I use a case on my phone anyway. (Have always used a case, just too OCD with my electronics...)

19. Macalway macrumors 68000

I just bought a white phone from Best buy 2 minutes ago.

Hey thread starer, you do realize that this is silly? Are you bored?

Please, be honest

20. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Still love my gold one - iPhone 6 If black comes back - it's gonna be a tough decision between gold and black

21. imanidiot macrumors 6502a

This is really amazing. Here it is, only the 3rd of January and already a very strong candidate for the most ridiculous and pointless thread of the year.

22. Macalway macrumors 68000

Actually, i could see how this could be an issue for some people.

I just use mine to make calls. I don't go deep into it at all. The screen is just too small, so I don't care at all what color it is.

I would not buy a white iPad for the same reasons mentioned: too much glare.

then again, that's just me, but I would not start a useless thread about it, or what I had for lunch, etc.

23. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

The first world problems experienced in this thread is heartbreaking to read.

24. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Now, that is a regret.

Thanks for sharing your story. New generations will profusely benefit from your wise words.