Regret the upgade

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tkadrum, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkadrum macrumors member

Ever since I did the upgrade to 4.3.3, my ipad keeps crashing(at least once a day). So tired of it that I'm now using my windows phone 7 to surf the net and forums. Does anybody know how I could downgrade to 4.3.1( most stable of all)?

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 68040

Fernandez21

If it's crashing so much you might want to try a restore and if that doesn't do take it to apple to have looked at. I haven't had any problems with 4.3.3.

3. interwebs macrumors member

Unless you had saved SHSH blobs for 4.3.1 (would have had to when Apple was still signing that firmware too) you can't downgrade. I'm sorry :(

I haven't had problems with 4.3.3 though. Maybe try a restore and reload the firmware, then set up as a new device rather than restore from backup?

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Have you done a hard reset? Hold down both the home and sleep buttons until the power-down swipe appears and KEEP holding. Eventually it'll summarily turn off. Press and hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears. Give it a minute to fully reboot. Better?

If not, do the restore-as-new. That would be the Apple Store's recommendation too.

5. tkadrum thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention that mine is jail broke. I didn't save shsh ,so I'm out of luck. Too many paid cydia apps to go back to original firmware :[

6. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

I've had no such problems since upgrading to 4.3.3

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Hmm, I haven't had any problems either on 4.3.3. I would reinstall iOS 4.3.3 with a fresh copy. Turning your iPad on/off doesn't help, right?

8. tkadrum thread starter macrumors member

ugh!
    FOR SALE:
    iPad 64GB Wi-Fi +3G AT&T in great condition. PM me if interested.

Moving to Acer Iconia Tab A500 starting from today.

9. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Wow I didn't know cydia apps were compatible with android. Your too attached to reset to stock software but not too attached to flat out jump ship?

Props on the guerilla marketing for Acer.

10. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.