Regretted switching from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Jul 28, 2010.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Anybody here regretted switching from iPhone to any other phone i.e. Android, Blackberry and etc... and wished they didn't switch? I'm thinking of switching from iPhone but I might regret it later on. :eek::p

2. spyder321 macrumors newbie

When the Blackberry Storm was released I decided to give it a try so I sold my iPhone 3G and went to Verizon, The biggest regret in my gadget history! I like blackberry's, I used them before I got an iPhone 2G, but after using an iPhone it was very difficult using a blackberry, I missed a lot of iOS features, end of story 8 months later I got an iPhone 3GS...

3. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

ive never had an iphone before, i have the storm and its the biggest mistake in my life! cant wait to switch to the iphone

4. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 which has had many good reviews but I really hate it! I had the original aluminium iPhone and I loved it yet fell for the Blackberry hype... I'm upgrading to iPhone 4 in 9 days :D

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

No. I am not stupid enough to switch to another phone. Smart phone is more than just making calls and do some emails. Nothing beats iphone 4 in web browsing and music experience. These two things are most important for me. Android has yet to offer me this as good alternative.

6. SeniorGato1 macrumors regular

I,ve had the first 3 generation iPhones and switched to the nexus one. I haven't looked back. It has some major features iPhone does not support.

7. mapocher macrumors newbie

8. lokiju macrumors 6502

I got a Moto Droid mainly for Verizon's service.

I don't regret it.

Both are good phones and both have flaws.

I still have a 3G iPhone that's paid for by work also but pretty much never use it.

I would mostly likely get another iPhone if/when it comes to Verizon though.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I switched to a pre plus, and loved it, until I saw the iphone 4 keynote. the following day I returned the pre plus.

10. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

Tell me about it. I've been using the original BlackBerry Storm since it first came out and while I thought it was awesome at first the thing is a piece of junk. In fact I only have one program installed on it - Pandora - and I still have to reset the phone everyday before I use it when I run else the phone will lock up.

I've been waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon for 3 years now and got tired of waiting so I've ordered an iPhone 4. Now I just have to wait a couple of more weeks and I can be done with this horrible Storm - which I have to agree has been the worst cell phone I have ever had.

11. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I tried out the Samsung Captivate. I went back to the iPhone a week later. Someone in my office did the same thing. The larger screen was nice. But the battery was terrible, the OS wasn't as responsive, and the apps were lower quality than iPhone apps. Maybe Froyo will improve Android but right now I think iOS is better.

12. ChrisSD macrumors member

Identical situation for me. Except I only lasted 3 days with the Captivate.

13. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I will never switch to another phone. It's iPhone for life.

I can't go back. This phone can do so much with such ease; using any other phone is jut torture for me.

I went from a Sidekick to a iPhone 3G back in the day. Never looked back.

14. gmikesell macrumors regular

I went from 3GS to Blackberry 9700 and back again

I got tired of my 3GS only making it till noon and wanted push email. So I was in line for the Blackberry 9700. I LOVED it! However, I ended up missing some of the browsing and such and ended up going back to the iP3GS. Then the iP4 came out and I haven't looked back. The Blackberry 9700 was a great phone but I just decided I liked the Iphone better. I wouldn't say I "regretted" moving over to the blackberry. Rather, I just made a choice to try out the blackberry for a few months and then made another choice to move back. It didn't cost me any money to bounce around since I was able to sell my 3GS to fund the Blackberry and then sold the Blackberry to fund another 3GS... And then sold that 3GS to fund my new iP4. Craigslist has been a godsend!

15. lilo777 macrumors 603

Many people had the same experience with Captivate (and Vibrant). These "problems" can be easily resolved. For most people just turning of Live Wallpaper does the trick: improves battery life and takes care of sluggishness. But most new users would not know this. There is always a learning curve when switching to new platform.

16. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Hmmm... I've been considering the Captivate over the iP4. Looks like I'd better stick with the iPhone.

17. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'm currently on the Droid X (1-year contract) - its a great phone - will I go back to the iPhone when a newer version comes out next year? Probably, there are just some apps that are too good on the iPhone (GoodReader specifically), but for the time being I'm not complaining. My biggest peeves (lockscreen music controls are nice, and an actual multitouch keyboard being a few) about Android phones (having owned the G1, myTouch, Droid, and Nexus One) seem to have been fixed.

18. Steveo47 macrumors regular

haha i love all the storm users. I maybe have a blackberry storm 1. It is TERRIBLE. i also thought it was cool and great for about 2 weeks. Till i realized that it is just so terrible. Im so jacked to get the iphone on friday. Storm it definitely one of the top ten worst smartphones of all time.

19. Mshilling macrumors regular

I switched and am still very happy. Free wireless tether, and most important, a phone that actually makes phone calls! Its a win-win. I had a 3g for a year and a half that I loved but the iphone 4 failed so miserably for me it it was a no brainer.

Honestly i was a bit bored with the iOS interface too, my EVO is like a breath of fresh air.

20. Vbp6us macrumors newbie

I switched to the iPhone 3GS and it's been a great decision so far.

21. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I've had all the major platforms. Since I carry more than one phone, my two favorites are iphone 4 and android powered samsung captivate. They are equal in my experience, just different which is the fun of it. I plan on using these two for the next year then upgrading to new versions of each of them.

I will not return to either blackberry or windows mobile. Apple & Android are the best two for me.

22. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I switched to the My Touch 3G. The phone itself wasn't very good, but Android was pretty decent. I upgraded to the Nexus One to see if a hardware upgrade would do the trick. It helped a bit, but I still regretted giving up my iPhone. The lack of GOOD Apps was the worst. Some of the Apps I had on my iPhone weren't available on Android, or were very poor replicas. The Yelp/eBay apps, which I use often, were AWFUL on Android. Thank god they updated them with good replicas. Pandora though was awesome because of the multitasking, but I guess the iPhone has that now as well. Maybe it's just the lack of fun games? I used Android phones for about 11 months, not a full year. I would think that's enough time to appropriately decide which platform suits me best. My honest opinion is that Android is an amazing OS. My main complaint is Android Market. It's AWFUL.

23. hippo206 macrumors 6502

You must not live in WA, because here sprint is horrid.

As for the OP, I have never switched from the iphone, but I came from verizon, had (and due to work still have) numerous BB's and I can say I will never go back to one.

24. weirdlilwoman macrumors member

I switched from a BlackBerry Bold to an iPhone 3GS after being a long time BB user. So far I'm loving my iPhone.

25. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Had 2 blackberrys than got the iPhone 4. I'd be stupid to turn back :)