Regular Glass Protector or Edge to Edge

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Nov 22, 2016.

?

Regular glass screen protector or edge to edge?

1. Regular

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Edge to edge

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Both are ok

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Neither

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. Something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Which type of glass protector do you prefer and why?

2. Dkrcubsfan macrumors member

Dkrcubsfan

E2E just has a much cleaner look IMO. Hate the build up in between the edge and case on non E2E.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I would rather have edge to edge but it's hard to find cases that work with them so I use a regular glass one. That said there is no build up of dirt on mine.

4. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Neither. They're great placebos and money makers though.

5. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've had unscratched and nonshattered screens that would testify otherwise, but glad to see that dogmatism isn't just an American malady.

6. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Personally I prefer non edge to edge S/P's. Easier to try different cases without any lifting.

7. its Dale macrumors 6502

never had an E2E until this 7. Ive been missing out the whole time! you cant even tell its there unless you feel the home button. i started hating the non-e2e so much cuz you can see the outline of it and it takes away from the look. i stopped using it when i had my 6. I had many scratches on the screen without a protector at all.

8. Paco II macrumors 65816

Depends on color of phone. On black edge to edge look much better. On white, non e2e look fine.

9. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

After finally finding an e2e that I like I have to say is much better than a non e2e. If you find a good one and install without air bubbles or dust you can forget you have one on. With the non e2e you have a constant reminder.

My favorite e2e is the d&p from amazon. It doesn't have great reviews but mine is by far the best of all I've tried (and I've tried a LOT!) I guess the second best for me was the orzly but that's afar second.