Regular or Glossy Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattportner, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tmoney468 macrumors 6502a

I prefer the glossy, but I can see why people like the matte screens too. People saying that glossy screens aren't as accurate don't mention the fact that screen calibration is the most important factor in getting accurate colors. Once calibrated, it's a personal preference whether you prefer the matte/glossy screen

2. Quboid macrumors 6502

My mac book is glossy and I dont see much of a diference from my former iBook. Well, it's a richer colour and noticeably brighter. But matte screens on Macbook pros would be just as bright and not reflect. I dont mind my glossy macbook screen. But if i had a choice, i would get a bright matte.

3. Freyqq macrumors 601

yea.....that's what i'd think too..

so which is better outside then? matte or glossy?

4. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

I'll go matte anytime.

I've used my friends' MacBooks and I wasn't impressed. Too much reflection.

5. j5uh macrumors member

I have a macbook ... i wish there was a matte version. I'm a photographer and the glossy screen does not give true colors!!! which is very important when colors matter. =/ so now I'm resulting to buying an LCD to edit the photos.

but the glossy does look pretty nice. even in day light.

6. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Glossy is going to be much better outside because it cuts down the glare quite a bit. If you are an outdoorsman, get the glossy version.

7. capone2 macrumors regular

8. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

Matte all the way. Tires ur eyes less and if youre doing any sort of professional work, matte gives u a 'true-r' colour.

9. Freyqq macrumors 601

since its shiny..wouldn't it add glare? I thought that was the main issue with glossy.