Regular Phone Ringtone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Resist, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the iPhone doesn't include a regular cell phone ringtone? They include an "old phone" ringtone but no current type of phone ringtone. I don't understand this.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I would be bothered if it lacked the capability to install custom ringtones.

3. Acronym macrumors 68000

agreed if i couldnt customize my ringtones i would be very annoyed

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Because "regular" ringtones were created to be played on simple electronics in 1990. That was the best they could do at the time.

This is like asking "why doesn't my Mac come with 160x90 pixel videos included?"

Because technology improves, that's why.

The "old phone" sound on there is really a gag joke. Any other cell-like ringtones would also be a joke. Obviously Apple was fine with putting one on there but didn't want the whole list to be full of ironic ringtones.

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I won't search for you but a while back a nice MR member posted 3 custom ringtones of classic sounding rings. All I had to do was import them into itunes. They were free and sounded great. Try and find them I believe its what your looking for. Good Luck

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Well I am one that likes how my home phone rights and want my iPhone to ring the same way. Guess I will have to make a custom ringtone. I just think Apple should have included this in the ones that came with the phone.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Resist, follow what Opie said..

Or it's found here: . you just need to search really, that's it.

8. hardax macrumors regular

The ring tone that is used in all the iPhone commercials is easily found online. That is what I use as I hate music ringtones and wanted a standard cell phone sound but just a bit updated.

9. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I never quite understood why they didn't include that one from the commerical. That's like false advertisement.