Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Any way to do that? I mean a dev. can find the file of os 4.0 beta and upload it, we can download and click shift+restore, which i recall makes you browse your computer and find the file(ips i think) to restore. Normal users can have os 4. What do you think? Possible?

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Pointless. Beta software is buggy and incompatible with a lot of apps. You'd have a lot of unhappy idiots if 4.0 was available to everyone.

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Any way to do that? I mean a dev. can find the file of os 4.0 beta and upload it, we can download and click shift+restore, which i recall makes you browse your computer and find the file(ips i think) to restore. Normal users can have os 4. What do you think? Possible?

No, if your UDID for your iPhone is not on file with a developer you will brick your iPhone and it will not work until the official release of OS 4.0. With that said there are some ways to revert to an older OS, more pain than it's worth - just don't try and install OS 4.0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.