Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truskowr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
California
OK, so I went to Save Mart yesterday and was checking out. I've used Apple Pay many times with no issues. However, yesterday something happened that has not happened to me before and I did't know how to fix it. So I was checking out and I held my phone up to the reader and while it was verifying my finger print I accidentally pressed the home button down. This caused the verification process to be disrupted and my home screen appeared. I tried to hold the phone back up to the reader but nothing happened. SO I ended up getting out my card and scanning my card. What (if anything) could I have done to re-initiate the communication between the reader and the phone so the I could have finished the transaction with Apple Pay?

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California
Can't say that have happened to me, but I'd probably lock the screen again and redo the procedure, or launch the passbook app.

April Knight

Suspended
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA
This happened to me once at Meijer. Accidentally pressed the home button when initiating Touch ID, so it didn't grab the transaction. All I did was lock the screen again and hold it back up to the reader, and it worked. Not sure if locking the screen was necessary, but it made sense to me to try it again how I did the first time (that is, screen locked and off as if I had just pulled it out of my pocket).

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
This has happened to me on occasion, all I do is pull the device from the scanner and then put it back up. It always works.

truskowr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
California
OK thanks for the replies. Next time I'll try holding it up to the reader a little longer to see if it starts communicating again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.