reinstall january update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jakintosh™, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

I restored my iPod and now how do i reinstall it?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

the software update (assuming you're doing it on the computer which you downloaded the update) should install itself when the iPod is synced. If you no longer have the file that unlocked the software then you should file a complaint with apple and they will allow you to redownload it.

3. Jakintosh™ thread starter macrumors member

:( its on the original computer, and it is in the place it should be and i can see it, but i dont know why its not working...

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

sorry bud, I would contact apple. They normally reply within 24 hours.

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Hey Jakintosh™,

The iPod touch January Software Update is located in the following directories:

~/Library/iTunes/Mobile Applications

and

~/Users/Username/Application Data/Apple/iTunes/Mobile Applications/

The file for the update is a .ipa (iPod application) package.

Apple have designed these packages to be non-loadable using iTunes by a manual method. In other words, simply browsing for the file through the CTL/option click method through iTunes does not work with .ipa files.

To re-sync the application package you bought to your iPod touch you simply need to plug in your iPod touch, choose it from the left pane in iTunes, then click the Summary tab, and choose the 'Sync' button in the bottom right corner of the tab. Providing you are signed into the iTunes account you bought the upgrade with, and are currently on the PC/Mac you bought the January Software Update on, iTunes will sync all your media plus the application package, to your iPod touch. You will know if it has been successful as your iPod touch will wake after the sync itself and display a instructional message about how to use the update.

Note: You MUST make sure the 'Manually Manage Music' is unchecked for this process to be successful.

R-Fly