Reinstall Lion Now Or Later?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by GuerillaTech, Sep 28, 2011.

  1. GuerillaTech macrumors member

    Jul 16, 2011
    I reverted to Snow Leopard a few weeks back, and since then, everything has been smooth.
    I'm not saying Lion was a disaster or something else dramatic, but it does need some work.
    I figure my options are dual booting with Snow Leopard
    and clean installing !0.7.1 or waiting for 10.7.2 and clean installing that instead.
    What are your opinions on this? Install now, or wait for the update?
  2. vitzr macrumors 68030


    Jul 28, 2011
    Unless you are in a must use Lion mode, I'd wait.

    Years of using Apples computers have taught me the benefit of waiting. Once it's in the hands of the public, inevitably additional bugs surface. Giving Apple time to respond & sort those out can save the end user a lot of time and trouble.
  3. wikus macrumors 68000


    Jun 1, 2011
    Planet earth.
    I usually wait until a 0.3 or 0.4 revision of any operating system. Could be sooner for Lion, though not likely, as some details with 10.7.2 came out and they dont address all the issues.
  4. Soulstorm macrumors 68000


    Feb 1, 2005
    I am using Lion and I have been trouble free from day 1. But I am a developer, so I was obliged to upgrade (Xcode 4.1 which requires Lion is much better than 4.0.2 on Leopard). For people like yourself, who have faced problems and remain sceptic, I would wait until 10.7.2 and see what will be fixed. You have waited so long, why not wait some more?

    If what you read after the update comes out doesn't cover you, go for the dual boot upgrade,. That way you will see if Lion covers your need first handed.
  5. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

    Jul 5, 2011
    I would stay on SL until iCloud is released. If iCloud only works for Lion and you need it well, at that point it's kind of a no-brainer.

Share This Page