Reinstall OS X -less space now?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jrocks, Aug 18, 2007.

1. jrocks macrumors member

I just did an erase and install of os x on my new 2.2 MBP 160gb. The only thing i've done so far is download the updates. Its saying there is 130.85gb available and 17.88 is already used.......what do i have thats using 17gb of space?? i assumed the os and combined apps took up the first 12 to take it from 160 to 148.!!??!! is this normal? before the reinstall i had about 450 songs and a few other things and the availability was 127. i didnt look at it before importing the songs so i dont know what it was then. anyone? is this right? thanks

----------Nevermind. i did some research and found out actual drive capacity is only 93% and osx/ilife probably takes up the rest(ihope

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Also remember that the Archive & Install creates a Previous System Folder on your drive that can be deleted if you like.

3. jrocks thread starter macrumors member

thanks, first i did an archive and install but then i decided to do a clean one and get rid of the languages and stuff. everything is perfect now! thanks!

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

you can save several GB of space by eliminating printer drivers and languages you won't use during an erase and install.