Reinstall the Mac App Store running 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pxlc, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Pxlc macrumors newbie

I accidently deleted the Mac App Store on my Mac Mini running 10.7. I know the 10.6.8 combo includes the Mac App store. Will downloading this update ruin my machine and what should I do?

2. cuestakid macrumors 68000

Have you tried to do a time machine restore of the app?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The bet thing to do would be to extract the application from the Lion reinstallation media with Pacifist.

4. Pxlc thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just did a backup of my machine and I'm restoring it right now. If that doesn't work, should I just do a blank install of OS X 10.7 and restore from there?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I'm still trying to figure out how you deleted it in the first place. When I try to do that on my 10.7 systems, I get the message "'App Store.app' can't be modified or deleted because it's required by Mac OS X." Did you delete it through Terminal or something?

Also, you backed up the system AFTER you deleted App Store.app off the computer, how would restoring from that same backup help matters? I would just re-run the OS X Lion installer to repair the OS, I do not see any need to do a clean/blank install.

6. Pxlc thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to get it fixed, a friend on mine copied the app files and the .app and emailed the contents over. iTunes 10.5 beta expired on me, so I went to drag the iTunes icon over to App Zapper. I deleted the Mac App Store accidentally and didn't notice until after it was deleted. I noticed the same thing, why the hell did my system allow it to be deleted. Maybe because App Zapper unlocks the app to be deleted, because it asked for my system password when I deleted it. But, everything works now.