Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puffnstuff

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
So I reinstalled osx with the two disks that came with mac. I have everything in the iLife suite but garageband & iWeb.:confused:

tdgrn

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Insert your second disc and reinstall your bundled applications. You have to specify that you want Garageband and iWeb when you do a reinstallation of your OS.

jdean

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2009
Baltimore
Garageband went missing

My dock has a general applications icon that displays "garageband" when I drag my cursor over it- when I click, it quits as soon as it opens.
I bought iLife 09- the guy at the Apple store said it had a full version of GB in it- but - exactly the same thing happens.
No Garageband.
where oh where has it gone? I still have the files- but no app.

ZunePod

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
My dock has a general applications icon that displays "garageband" when I drag my cursor over it- when I click, it quits as soon as it opens.
I bought iLife 09- the guy at the Apple store said it had a full version of GB in it- but - exactly the same thing happens.
No Garageband.

Did you install it?

Check permissions in Disk Utility.

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
No Garageband.

As long as you meet the reqs. for it, you should be fine. I would suggest, repairing permissions, trying to open GB from the Apps folder, not the dock, then if that doesn't work, reinstalling from the disk and then running the updates from Software Update.

xcking07

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2007
As long as you meet the reqs. for it, you should be fine. I would suggest, repairing permissions, trying to open GB from the Apps folder, not the dock, then if that doesn't work, reinstalling from the disk and then running the updates from Software Update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.